Saturday, January 31, 2009

Techie Twelve

Who -Dorothy
Route -North on Broadway and went till the sidewalk ended. Wandered around a little residential area till I finished the six miles out, then back. I am going to have to study the maps to figure out routes past this.
Length - Goal was 12 miles, but by the time I made some detours to avoid bad ice, it was 12.84 (bless gPedometer for letting me know that traversing our back yard added a few hundredths of a mile)!
Time -Left home about 10:30, and it took almost 4 hours. Lots of slow going because of ice.
Music - The roar of traffic.
Weather -COLD. Bright and sunny, but with some breeze and in the low 20's.
Notes -I used a heart rate monitor for the first time today. (Actually the first time in about 5 years. It's old.) Still can't really figure out how to use it, but I do know that my heart rate was over 60% of my maximum for 95% of the time. That's more aerobic than I expected. Which, I guess, is good news. And my knees ache - now that I'm home. I can't imagine that we will do more than twice this. Maybe it will look more doable in the May weather.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

12 miles - great!! When I bought my new sneaks yesterday I saw some knee bands - would you like me to send you some? (I am very proud of you!)