Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sat. not for sissies

Who - Bob
Route - Villa Dunes Drive.
Length - 2 miles
Time - Left home at 3:00 walked for about 40 minutes
Music - Assorted Country
Weather - Clear, cold (low 30's, yeah I know but its all relative) and not windy
Notes - Wanted to come back out and walk the hilly route again. Did fine till the last half mile when my left shin and right calf started to tense up.
I am following one of the Avon programs. I will post the schedule in another post. Not sure that I am overtraining but I am going to back off a little. I also need to find a place and form for cross training. Maybe this week.
Oh, didn't walk on Fri. Rule 7 states: Bob doesn't walk if the temp is below freezing. The corollary to this rule is Wind Chill below freezing makes a walk optional, generally wind dependent.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Have you tried stretching? My shins tense up also, but I find that stretching them (by pulling my heel up against my butt) really helps. I stop about every 2 miles now and do that.