Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Lots of walks, but my first blog!

Who -Dorothy
Route - A relatively flat 7 miles south on roads and sidewalk.
Length - 7 miles
Time -Left home at 10:00 and got back in less than 2 hours! I have been doing 3.5 miles/hour on my longer walks (more than 4 miles), and since this one did not have much in the way of hills, I tried stepping up the pace a little. I was surprised that I could do it in just 5 minutes over 4 miles/hour.
Music - I don't do this. Too much to pay attention to.
Weather - About 20 degrees. That counts as wicked cold in my book. But a little sun and no precip. The snow is starting to look a little dirty. I guess that's why it's scheduled to snow tonight and tomorrow - another 5 inches or so.
Notes - I bought some "Smart Wool" socks at the LLBean Outlet. They are FABULOUS! They keep my feet really warm and dry and they are soft and cushiony. The ones on the website are really expensive. Try calling the Outlet store, I paid less than $4 a pair there. (Also bought long underwear there, which has been really good.)

I'm really glad to be here with the two of you.
D.

Ciao

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad you are blogging with us! Sounds like a very good walk, even in the wicked cold! I'm doing 7 again on Thursday...XXXOOO

BOBXNC said...

Welcome to the blog. Glad you are aboard. Sounds like you and young E. will be leaving me behind. Thats Ok, I will get there. Hope everyone is well.