Thursday, January 15, 2009

Mon, Wed. Thurs catch up

Who -Bob
Mon. 2 miles from Bypass to back of the Villas on Villa Dunes trail. Bad shin splints in my left shin. Not sure why.
Tues. no walk rest shins
Wed. 4 miles on the beach from my house to Nags Head Pier. Cold -40 w/ NE wind at 15. but beautiful clear blue sky. Good wide beach a little soft but doable. This was good exercise.
Thurs.
Route - Usual Old Nag Head Cove loop. To sound, Up Hesperides out Danube to the beach then home.
Length - 2 miles
Time - Left home at 3pm 35 minutes
Music - Lots of music on all the walks. Dion's 2007 blues album was good plus assorted recent country hits. didn't care for Allison Krauss and Robert Plant to ethereal
Weather - Today like yesterday cold, clear and windy
Notes -
Kind of a wimpy week so far. Not sure about the shins on Monday. Could be the hills on Villa Dunes, that was the reason for the route, could be stress from Sat.'s 10 miles. No problems on Wed or Thurs. Not sure what Friday will bring should be very cold. Maybe its the day the join the gym.
Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Bob, I think that the shin pain is from pushing a bit too hard. What program are you following? Mine has me walking only 3 times per week, plus one day of cross training. For me that's upper body weights. I like the way my program gradually increases the distance of the walks.