Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ice Alert!

Who -Dorothy
Route - Too much ice to walk outside - sidewalks are only clear on a patchy basis, and the slush of yesterday is now smoooooth ice. So - it's the treadclimber today. It's a cross between a treadmill and a stairmaster - more effort than a tread, but easier on the knees than stairs. I don't know how to correlate this with a walk - it's significantly more aerobic; I can't yet do more than an hour on it.
Length - 2.2 miles (this is better than the 2 miles I was able to do last week.)
Time -10:30 am
Music - I go for maximum distraction on this machine - Pop music on the iPod (lots of Beatles) and read The New Yorker from two weeks ago.
Weather - did I mention the ice?
Notes -off to my second meeting of a new class: Archeology and the Bible. Interesting!

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Yes, Ed tried running outside today and took his life in his hands! Happy to know you are safe inside.