Friday, January 23, 2009

A Dozen Done Slowly

Who - Bob
Route - To Beach Rd. south to one mile past Outer Banks Pier in Nags Head and return
Length - 12 miles
Time - Left home at 11am walked for 3 hours 45 min.
Music - Tried an audio book Jack Kerouac reading On the Road. This may be abridged since it only lasted about 2 and a half hours. Still just excellent. I closed with Jazz at Massey Hall A jazz classic featuring Dizzy Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Bud Powell, Charles Mingus, and Max Roach.
Weather - Clear. I walked into a 15 mph wind from the S. it helped on the return. Temp 47 when I left home.
Notes - Felt good, a little chafing I need to remember to powder before I walk. I will a little sore tomorrow but thats OK. No shin or calf problems. Easy pace and lots of stretching may have helped.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

impressive! I have been meaning to get my audio book stuff together - I have 3 upstairs on loan from a friend - I just have to get my new phone and download them. Also have been meaning to read On The Road. Will have to get that digitally.