Friday, January 2, 2009

8 miles to 8th St (and back)

Who - Bob
Route -
To orthe Beach Rd. then N. to 8th St. (Nags Head KDH border) Map
Length - 8 miles
Time - Left home at 11:15. Walked for 2:15.
Music - Guy Clark and Patty Griffen, very laid back with great stories
Weather - overcast with sprinkles. SW wind at 10. Temp 47
Notes - Started off to do 6 miles but decided as I left the house to try 8. The first and last miles are the hardest. Nice walk good, pace. Felt very good. 1 bottle water 1 bottle Gatoade and a Kashi nut bar for energy. Started to feel it in my calves the last mile but not to bad.

Yeah, feels good this is the farthest I have walked since KW or possibly even the Nov. 07 half marathon. Goog to now I can do it.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

WAY TO GO BOB! 8 miles - very impressive! I agree that the first mile is the hardest...will probably find the last one hard when I get up to 8.