Saturday, January 10, 2009

The Sat. Stroll, all 10 miles of it!

Who -Bob
Route - N. to Nags Head Pier, South to Jennettes Pier and home. Map.
Length - 10.01 miles
Time - 3:05 Left home at 7:55
Music - Mark Knopfler and Emmy Lou Harris going out then some Gretchen Peters but that was too slow. Last 4 miles to Elvis Costello and Allen Toussaint together at the New Orleans Jazz Fest in 2006 and some Beausoleil from the same festival
Weather - Crystal blue sky. 41 when I left. 50 when I got home. Light S. wind >10
Notes - Felt pretty good, My left shin wanted to tighten up for the first 3 miles but then it loosen up and was fine. Felt my calves for the last 2 miles or so but otherwise a very comfortable outing. Not many people on the path or on the road. Kind of quiet. I was thinking how much fun it was to have people cheering you on at the OBX Half Marathon. Surprising how much that helps.
Think I may do another 10 before I step up to the half M. see how the weather looks next weekend. Maybe do the S. Nags Head shuffle for 9.3 or so.
Ciao

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

10 miles! YAY BOB!!! That's awesome!

Unknown said...

What did you think of the beach between the piers? I have considered that path but have not yet gone beyond NHP. 10 walking miles! You best watch out you'll be jogging soon. Have you tried Nags Head Woods? Nice for a cold day.