Saturday, February 28, 2009

Oh dear! My first abort.

Who - Dorothy
Route - A mile and a half to the west and then down and up a "rails to trails" trail - all paved (lots of bicycles) and quite flat - a good way to do 16 miles.
Length - Well, I actually only did 12 or 13 miles, then had to call Jeff to come get me.
Time -Left home at 9:00.
Music -
Weather - It was much colder than I had expected, and I was not dressed for it. My hands were very cold (at the end had trouble unbuckling my pack and opening the wrapping on a cheese stick), and I felt very draggy and tired. I think my core was hoarding all the energy.
Notes - This was the hardest (emotionally) walk I've done yet. I didn't feel good from the beginning - not enough energy - and it was a real struggle to walk as far as I did. NEXT time - I wear my long underwear no matter what I think the temp is going to be.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

I have had those really difficult struggling days. But 12 or 13 miles is FANTASTIC! Next time will be better, I'm sure. Love, B.