Sunday, February 8, 2009

Saturday Six (OUTSIDE!)

Route - Bike path west to Massachusetts Ave., then southeast on Mass Ave to Newbury Street, east on Newbury Street to my hairdresser. Went through Davis Square, Porter Square, Harvard Square, MIT area, over the Charles River and through Back Bay. This mostly flat route has some great window shopping opportunities. Thank you gpedometer!
Length - 6 miles
Time -Left home at 10:45 am and walked for 90 minutes (I hit all the "walk" signs).
Music - The sounds of the city, baby!
Weather - Not entirely sure, but I believe it was in the 20s when I left and it was certainly in the 30s when I arrived. Quite breezy at times. Started off cloudy and got sunnier.
Notes - What a pleasure to walk outside, and I loved walking through all the neighborhoods! This is a walk I would do again sometime, just for entertainment and transportation.

Ciao

No comments: