Thursday, February 5, 2009

A Six of Three Extremes

Who -Dorothy
Route - The street signs said Hillside, Mount Hope, Scenic, Summit, Ravine. Six miles of Extreme hills.
Length - 6 miles
Time -Left home Extremely early - at 8:00 am, working up to that leaving in the dark stuff that Betsy does. But did the walk in under 3.5 minute miles. Surprised myself. I guess the cold kept me moving.
Music - Snow-covered woods; a few birds, deer, some commuter traffic.
Weather - Extreme: the thermometer said FIVE when I left; the water froze solid in my back pack drinking tube. Nuff said. Hills and long underwear kept me warm.
Notes -I am proud of myself.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Ed says that knee bands are for your illiotil (?) band, which he thinks is a tendon. Maybe Jeff can tell you what this is and if the bands might be a fix for your knee pain.

I am AMAZED at your walking those incredible hills in the FREEZING COLD! WOW! WOW!

And congratulations on the great opportunity to return to prison. I don't think I will ever entirely understand the desire, but I certainly respect it and am happy for you.