Monday, February 23, 2009

Back blogging (but haven't stopped walking)

Who -Dorothy
Route - today, the now standard route down Broadway from 225th street to 120th street.
Length - 5.4 miles
Time -Left home at 7:00 am. Hebrew class now meets at 10am, and my walk takes 90 minutes. So I needed to be on a 7:20 train this morning. It felt a little like the old days. The 7:20 is a local; but the 7:17 express is the train I took for many years.
Music -
Weather - WICKED cold! and windy. I regretted not wearing long underwear under my jeans.
Notes - Bob, if you are reading this, I hope the computer is on your stomach and your foot is in the air! I am now in my new walking rhythm - Monday and Thursday I walk the 5.4 miles from the train station to Union; Wednesday mornings I do six hilly miles around here; and then Saturday I do my long walk. My program has me alternating a constantly increasing long (next Saturday 16 miles) with a "short" long (last Saturday 8 miles, but soon moving up to 12). I continue to feel overwhelmed with "what needs to get done", but it is all good. Love to both of you. D.

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

You are doing SO WELL!!! I am so proud of you! I have started my fund raising (have raised $1,050 so far) and am ready to get yours started too. Let's talk this weekend? Love, B