Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Walking towards prison!

Who - Dorothy
Route - just south on the (relative) flat and back again.
Length - 6 miles
Time -Left home at 2:30 - took just a little over 90 minutes. The ice was melting, which makes it easier.
Music - More traffic and ice melting.
Weather - Warm!!!!! No long underwear and even no hat and gloves.
Notes - Did this walk on Monday, since Tuesday was going to have snow (and we did). The excitement is that by this time next week I should be back at Bedford Hills Correctional Facility 2 days/week. I have managed to arrange for appropriate extra supervision for myself (reprobate that I am), and I just need to go to the prison for a "re-education" session (Mao lives!) probably next Tuesday. Then I am back! I am very excited. The current chaplaincy trainees (all inmates) have voted to have me join them for the rest of the class (till May), so that's what I will be doing on Fridays. I am very touched. Now that my days are filling up (classes start this week, also) it will become much harder for me to schedule my walks. (No more leisurely 10:30 am strolls.) But when I look at what Betsy is doing I am humbled, so no complaints here. Bets, you are my model. I hope I can keep up. Love, D.

Ciao

1 comment:

BOBXNC said...

That is great news. Now maybe you can walk in the exercise yard for traiining instead of all those silly hills you seem to keep finding. [grin]
That is seriously good news.
On the other side I agree Betsy's dedication admirable.