Thursday, March 26, 2009

Walking in Rhythm

Well, my walks have begun to follow a clear rhythm: Mondays at the gym I feel strong and do a quick 6 mile 'power walk' (OK, 'power' might be a stretch...); Wednesdays at the gym I feel tired and drag myself through another 6 miles. Saturday is my day for long walks (14 miles this past Saturday), and it's all about exploring new places, taking lots of little breaks for water, stretching, gorp and Pria bars. Last Saturday Sally and I explored the bay side of Wellfleet, saw lots of interesting homes, had some lovely views of the water and found a cool dirt road through the woodsy marsh. Walking with Sally makes the time go by very quickly, which I realize on Sundays when I walk alone. This past Sunday in Wellfleet I did the usual 6-mile loop plus 1/2 mile out and back on the Rail Trail. Nice but felt a little long. Have had incredible luck with dry and mostly gorgeous weekend weather. That might change this weekend...we'll see...

Ciao

No comments: