Sunday, March 8, 2009

Last Week's 16? DONE!

Who - Dorothy
Route - The same Rails to Trails trail I attempted last Saturday.
Length - 17.2 miles. I did it!
Time -Left home at about 10:00. The whole walk took a little over 5 hours. Then I needed at least 2 hours for stretching, a bath and a nap. This walking thing takes a LOT of time.
Music - I really used the music on this one. Little Richard was a highlight.
Weather - WARM! Sunny! Did I mention WARM? In the mid 60's! I took a jacket, but wore just a tee-shirt and sweatpants most of the way. AMAZING! and Wonderful.
Notes - Signs of progress? My knees are really bothering me today. So I got out the ankle weights and vowed to get serious about knee exercises. I also need to buy new walking shoes. The tread on these is about worn out. I walked 100 miles in February!

Ciao

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

YAY Dorothy! Go Dorothy! Wasn't it a gorgeous weekend??!!! I am SO looking forward to walking together in a few weeks. Much love and many hugs and kisses...B.