Monday, October 26, 2009

Starting back up

This blog started as a shared space for 3 siblings who were training for an Avon Breast Cancer walk.  It did fine for a while then fell apart when one sibling (me - Bob) got sick, dropped out and my sisters drifted away from it.

I am not getting back in to walking and my sister Elizabeth is doing the same thing.  I am restarting the blog as a training log and reinforcement tool.  I think my sister will join me. 

Goals:  I don't have  an event in mind right now. I just completed my 2nd 4 mile walk since I started back again.  Not sure what I will do next.  I guess I will try a 6 miler in about a week.  I would like to get to a point where the 4 mile walks are the standard daily trip.  Do 4 miles 2 or 3 times a week, one longer walk and a couple of days of cross training (need to work on how to cross train).

I would like to find an event or group of events to start training for.  It is much easier to be motivated whenthere is a clear goal.  Ultimately I would like to complete the Avon - marathon - half marathon double. 

So any way Walking for Liz is back. and I am going to start posting again as I walk.  Thanks for stopping by